Monday, July 13, 2015

Iwata is dead

The President and CEO of Nintendo has died, apparently he died on the 11th of July 2015, to honor this man's life Nintendo has decided that the rest of this day they will not be posting on their social media channels. Such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. They have made only one post on Facebook today which explains why they're not posting the rest of the day and has a picture of Iwata. This announcement came as a shock to me, I was browsing my Facebook home page and started to see all these posts saying "R.I.P. Iwata, you will be missed" and I was like, "This is a joke right?" Sadly I did find the post from Nintendo themselves announcing his passing so even though I am astonished that he is now dead, I can confirm this information to be true and not somebody's sick joke. Also I'm worried for the company's future now as well, because I personally think that Iwata kept the company where it needed to be and now who knows what the next guy will do, hopefully he'll do what Iwata would've wanted and make sure the company sticks to it's roots. It's sad that he won't be able to witness the release of the NX, the console he announced to remind everyone that they'll keep doing what they do best, even when making smartphone games/apps.

Source: Nintendo on Facebook