Wednesday, April 16, 2014

N64 Memory options- & my opinion


I recently got asked a few questions about the N64 and it's memory. So I did some digging and some thinking and some remembering too, the N64 had a few different memory options to choose from. First one was only using basic system memory with the Jumper Pak, This was used in some way to stabilize the memory. Which was only 4GB of RAM to start. The 2nd option was to advance the memory with a Memory expansion Pak. This multiplies your consoles memory by 2!! Giving U a total of 8GB to use. U need the Memory expansion Pak also to play certain games that require more RAM power to play, like DK 64 or The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. Those are the only two I know of that defiantly require the expansion PAK to play them. And finally the last option was to use a memory card that U can plug into the bottom of the controllers just like a rumble Pak to save certain game files (I don't know of). 




Opinion of N64: The Games the N64 can play may seem a bit too retro now, but back in the DAY when this came out, the 3D style gameplay was revolutionary!! SRSLY it was. Super Mario 64 alone was incredible! I especially loved and still love to just fly all over the first world with the Wing cap Mario could find in some stages. But most of this is just simply my opinion. I believe this is a console any and every Nintendo fan should own. It's an important piece of Gaming History. And I'm glad to have it myself. Any questions U may have... Just ask.







 Game On Gamers! All for now, AR-Cade